16 March 2009

Appalachian State University


9 Sept 2006. Our football team was making a trip down to Boone, North Carolina. It was about a six hour car ride. Well, it was supposed to be, but it ended up being a six hour bus ride. Unfortunately my two tripmates bailed and I had to scramble to find a way down to what was sure to be a classic gridiron battle. Fortunately I quickly learned of a student bus trip that had one seat left. Unfortunately App State won, and the timing of the itinerary did not afford time to hustle into the bookstore. Fortunately I met my main squeeze on the bus ride and her friend brought one for me on our next meeting. They could not have picked a better cup. The bright yellow and polygonal design makes it stand out and on the reverse is the 2006 football schedule, helping future drinkware carbon-daters. The "Go For 2" is referring to ASU football gunning for their second consecutive national championship in division I-AA (now called FCS). They certainly did go for it. A third time the following season as well. Three national titles later, they finally got knocked off by Richmond in December 2008.

Be sure to see why Appalachian State is Hot, Hot, Hot!

No comments: